Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cloth diapers: $$$$

After researching several diaper cost calculators and estimates, the average cost of disposable diapers is around $75 as best as I can tell.  At some point I might go back through my son's diapering costs and come up with a more accurate amount.  This cost should also include disposable wipes and diaper pail refill costs.  That means that we would have spent $900 the past year on just diapers.  By my best estimate, that means we have already saved $400-500 dollars in one year alone, and I am predicting that we probably have at least another 12 months of diapers.  The savings is not including the money we will also recoup by selling her cloth diapers (yes, there is actually a popular market with 50-70% resell value). 

No comments:

Post a Comment