Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Do you touch your face?

In Jordan Rubin’s GPRx book he talks about how often we touch our face and rub our eyes with dirty hands. I never really thought about it, until I started paying attention to it while reading his book. Oh my goodness! I was constantly touch my face, rubbing my eye, scratching my cheek, pinching my chin, resting my face on my hand.




Studies have even suggested that people with acne prone skin often touch their skin too much, which causes breakouts. According to another study, some people touch their face up to 16 times per hour (ranged from 3-104 over 3 hours). Rhinovirus (the common cold) can easily be passed from hands to face. Flu viruses can live on hard surfaces for 24-48 hours and soft surfaces for 8-12 hours. If you have to touch your face, use the back of your hand which has significantly less bacteria

No comments:

Post a Comment