Friday, May 21, 2010

Quiz Answer!

Yesterday's Know Your Ingredient Quiz was Farm Rich Non-Dairy Breakfast Creamer.  Ok, YUCK!  Caffeine is slightly frowned upon in the Maker's Diet and GPRx books.  Yes, I do feel somewhat redeemed by the fact that his wife snuck out to Starbucks!  Coffee is going to be very, very hard to avoid if I ever decide to give it up.  I've decided that right now it's going to be one of my indulgences.  While I was pregnant, I detested anything even remotely sweet so for the most part I drank my coffee black, and that's still how I drink it often.  However, I love a good splash of cream and a dollop of coconut oil...mmmmmm!

I know the coconut oil sounds weird but I'll talk more about that soon!  For a long time, I'd grab non-dairy creamer without the shelf without even thinking about it.  Fat free sounds even better, right?  After reading that list of ingredients, I don't think I will ever be able to drink "non dairy" creamer again.  But, you say you're lactose intolerant?  We'll talk more about that, too.  I'm telling you right now, I was lactose intolerant for almost 20 years that I can remember, but no more! I love nothing more than putting some organic, non-homogenized, low-pasteurized whole cream in my coffee now.  Yes, that's a mouthful but each of those adjectives have an important place that I'll discuss soon.  Guess what the only ingredient is....cream!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment