Friday, February 18, 2011

Consigning clothes

I thought I had more posts scheduled to get me through last week.  I just now discovered that it has been a week since my last post.  Looks like I've got my work cut out for me this weekend.  It has been an extremely busy month.  I had two pharmacy students and second-year pediatric pharmacy resident with me for the past 5 weeks.  At nights I have been utterly exhausted.  Nonetheless I still try to work on a few posts a week.  However, this past week I have been working on getting clothes ready for a huge kids consignment sale.  The sale happens twice a year and consigners get a 60-75% return on their items, which is HUGE for consignment. 

What does that have to do with this blog?  Wellll, all of my evenings last week were consumed with tagging clothes, putting them on coat hangers, and getting them ready to drop off.  I had so much that I had to get Lee to get it all in my car.  It was also on my mind because I think it is a way to recycle, give to others, save money, and be frugal.  While many of the things I write about on this blog have to do with food or organic living, I think buying used clothes is a great way to benefit our family's effort to live better.  We can use the money from consigning to buy bigger clothes or even use it towards buying organic food.  We are also helping others save money.  You can also choose to discount your clothes on the last day or donate whatever does not sell.  I do take a lot to Goodwill ever year but I am really enjoying this extra way to provide for my family.  Some of our favorite outfits that our kids have worn have come from this sale.  I have so much fun buying things that are in great condition that I could not afford at full price.  Lee hates it because I am spending money (period) and because I am taking away from my profit.  However, I secretly laugh with glee whenever he compliments Kai on his suave orange jacket or Caitlin on her floral party pants...both from the sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment