Friday, January 21, 2011

Oatmeal

Just saw a great tip on oatmeal.  Do you like your oatmeal sweetened but without the sugar and calories?  Right before it is ready to come off the stove (yes, I am talking about the slow cook oats you actually have to cook), mash up a banana and stir it in.  I have not personally tried this, and I do like to try what I recommend first.  However, I thought that sounded like a really good idea.  We have switched to old fashioned oatmeal for awhile now.  All it took was reading the list of ingredients on the instant oatmeal to realize how many teaspoons of sugar you were getting.  I do admit to sprinkling just a *little* brown sugar on top, which is why I think a banana would be perfect.  Thanks, Maryea! 

Visit Maryea’s blog at http://happyhealthymama.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment