Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Homemade deoderant

Ok, so I'm going to go out on a limb here.  This probably sounds crazy, right??!  Even Lee won't try this, but I have been making my own deoderant for a few months.  Guess what??  I love it!!  I was so extremely skeptical at first.  A very good friend of mine mentioned she was making her own and after reading the Great Physician Rx about eliminating toxins I was at least intrigued.  I asked a ton of questions...does it stain, how do you apply it, does it WORK...? 

I really wanted it to work.  Store bought deoderants work by blocking  sweat production.  No those toxins don't smell peachy...but they need to come out.  Sweat is normal, sweat is good.  We just don't want to smell it, right?  Well, I decided to give it a try.  If I can't find coupons for organic products, what beats not having to buy them??

Here's the recipe:
Homemade deoderant


1/4 cup corn starch or arrowroot powder

1/4 cup baking powder

6 T coconut oil (solid)

(optional) several drops of favorite essential oil
 
This makes a large batch.  I've used the same batch for at least 2 months now.  The true test is that I live in South Georgia, ok, Central Georgia but I consider it SOUTH.  It is usually 100% humidity or close to it.  It feels like a cloak outside.  I can count the number of times on one hand that I think I needed more deoderant, and I don't think any deoderant in the world would have cut it.  Yes, I have felt more moist than with typical deoderant...but again, I truly think it's a good thing to "perspire" every now and then.  Give it a try...if you're brave!  And, no, it doesn't stain.  Just mix it up in a small container and dip a little on your fingers.  It goes great with coconut oil as a facial moisturize :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment