Saturday, July 31, 2010

Know Your Ingredients Answer #4

MY APOLOGIES...I did not realize that this had not posted.  I thought I had saved it to post automatically.  Here is the answer!

Get ready for this...Chick-fil-A Polynesian Sauce

Chick-fil-A is sort of a delicacy in the South!  We often go there once a week.  It's one of the healthiest fast food restaurants by fast food standards.  There's not much fast food I will feed to my toddler, but for some reason, Chick-fil-A seems justifiable.  When he's ready to go play on the playground and there's a million kids running around screaming, sometimes the only way to get him to eat his "healthy" food is to say, "Here!  Here's some sauce.  Dip your chicken in it and finish eating!"  This really gave me a lot to think about!  I'm not sure if this is one step I'm ready to take!  Do I forbid it?  Do I start making my own??  Do we justify it by eating out less and in moderation?

Just FYI:  propylene glycol is used in everything from food/cosmetic additives, production of paintballs, black tattoo ink, film developing chemicals, airplane deicing, and drug solvents.  It has been reported in the literature to cause toxicity in neonates, resulting in organ failure and death.  Not exactly something I want to be ingesting in my food, and especially not something I want my children exposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment